- Live-in Pet and House Sitter – you will have to live in a client’s home whilst they are away (overnight or for an extended period of time) and feed, play with, groom and walk their pets.
- You will be expected to maintain a client’s home by doing light domestic duties such as mail collection, fish feeding, watering house plants, turning on/off lights, and pulling curtains and blinds. You are expected to keep the clients property as clean and tidy as when they left.
- The client’s property should never be left unattended for more than 3 hours during daylight hours and never after 5 pm. At no time are you permitted to receive personal visitors at the client’s property, even members of your own family.
- Hourly Pet Sitter – you will be required to visit the client’s home and take care of their pet(s) on an hour to hour basis. This could include puppies, pregnant, elderly or sick pets or dogs that the owner doesn’t wish to leave alone at home whilst they are away from home.
- For our Live-in Pet and House Sitting Service you must not have other work commitments – suitable for those who have flexible job hours e.g. writers and semi-retired people who are looking for an additional income stream.
- Applicants must be an existing or previous pet owner with at least 10 years pet care experience, or be working, or have experience working in the veterinary industry.
- You need to have access to e-mail and have a mobile phone.
- It is essential that you have your own transport.
- We require a valid Criminal Records Disclosure (now D.B.S – Disclosure and Barring Service) before we can offer you any assignments.
- This is a self-employed role where your pay will be dependent on your level of business.
- We will insure you to carry out each pet sitting assignment and give you full instructions and support regarding each job.
If you would like to apply to be a Pet Sitter with St Albans Pet Services, please e-mail a copy of your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com