- Cat Sitting – you will be required to visit the Client’s home and feed, water, groom, clear/change litter, administer medication, play with their cat(s) etc for a period of no less than 20 minutes, either once or twice a day.
- Small Animal Feeding – (caged animals such as birds, rabbits, guinea pigs etc) – you will be required to visit the Client’s home and feed, water their pet(s), clean cages etc either once or twice a day.
- Other duties may include: checking that the property is secure; watering indoor/patio plants; opening/closing curtains and switching lights on/off; collecting mail; putting rubbish bins out for collection
- Demand for our Cat Sitting and Small Animal Feeding Service is especially high during the school holiday periods, Christmas, New Year, half terms etc. There is also a demand for this service at weekends throughout the year.
- Applicants must be an existing or previous pet owner with at least 10 years pet care experience, or be working, or have experience working in the veterinary industry.
- You need to have access to e-mail and have a mobile phone.
- It is essential that you hold a UK driving licence and are a car owner (with business insurance) as you will be required to travel between client assignments and occasional pet transportation.
- We require a valid Criminal Records Disclosure (now D.B.S – Disclosure and Barring Service) before we can offer you any assignments.
- These are self-employed roles where your pay will be dependent on your level of business.
- We will insure you to carry out each pet sitting assignment and give you full instructions and support regarding each job.
If you would like to apply to be a Cat Sitter/Small Animal Sitter with St Albans Pet Services, please e-mail a copy of your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org